The Old Farmer’s Almanac for Kids features fascinating stories, fun facts, and activities that provide hours of edu-tainment. This brand-new edition in the biannual series includes chapters on . . .
• Astronomy: with Moon tales and trivia; telling time by the stars; a visit to Venus
• Calendar: unusual celebrations for every month (Limerick Day, Happy Cat Month, National Chemistry Week), with related activities to try anytime
• Weather: what happens in a hurricane; a buganado blitz and other weird weather; a chilling peek at the South Pole
• Food: the a-peel (get it?) and quirky uses of bananas (Sri Lankans use the stems to make shoe soles); a twisted history of pretzels
• Nature: the world is alive with swamp creatures, howling wolves, cockroaches, and reindeer—oh, my!
• In the Garden: advice for a fairy-tale garden of cabbages, pumpkins, and beans; a salsa princess; ideas for hosting a garden party
• On the Farm: everything you didn’t know about oats; quacky facts about ducks; Pennsylvania Dutch “sign language”
• Sports: Old Home Day games; kids who joined the circus; how to get the knack of the hacky sack; ways to walk