The Old Farmer’s Almanac 2014 Kindle Edition is now available.
Accept no substitutes! America’s oldest continuously published periodical and best-loved annual is often imitated but never equaled. This is the one, the only, Old Farmer’s Almanac! Recognized for generations by its familiar yellow cover, the Almanac for 2014 promises to be “useful, with a pleasant degree of humor,” fulfilling once again (for the 222nd time) the mission set forth in 1792 by its founder, Robert B. Thomas.
In addition to its 80 percent–accurate weather, this year’s signature mix of wit and wisdom, tips and advice, forecasts and fun includes . . .
• an astronomy quiz to test your Sky-Q
• anglers’ six favorite fish and secrets to hooking them
• vegetables and other perennial edibles to grow
• the time in our lives: where it goes, ways to make the most of it, and more
• the whole truth about whole grains
• how to get bitten by a pet (if you’re not careful)
• rings around Earth (think Saturn) that might influence our weather
• health tips for each zodiac sign
• envelope and napkin jottings that changed the world
• plus: Moon phases and other celestial sightings, tides, historic trivia, gardening tables, best days, and too much more to mention!
Added value this year:
• 80 full-color pages
• full-color winter and summer weather maps
• updated Reference section